Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Here I Am!

Well, it's my first day in Africa! It is definitely winter here. I'm glad I brought winter clothes because there's no indoor heating, but it's only morning so hopefully the day will warm up. There was a box of "Jungle Crunch" waiting for me on the counter for breakfast this morning. Yep...I'm definitely in Africa :]


Today Thelma is showing me how to communicate from Madagascar. She's asked me to keep a blog also that they will be sharing on the OM website, and also I'll be writing stories about Madagascar for their OM News website. I'll be reporting on the 3 week outreach we'll be doing, and also sharing stories about how people's lives have been impacted. I'm really excited, feels like something I can definitely do! 


 My flights were all pretty uneventful, except for the fact that I didn't realize we had a layover in Dakar, Senegal until the plane stopped there. But it was fine, I never even got off the plane. We just refueled and picked up a few passengers. I can already tell that God is going to stretch me on this trip. I'm feeling sort of lonely and homesick already, but I know the Lord is going to give me strength for each day. I'm reminded of Psalm 139:7-10 


"Where can I go from your Spirit? 
   Where can I flee from your presence? 
If I go up to the heavens, you are there; 
   if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, 
   if I settle on the far side of the sea, 
even there your hand will guide me, 

   your right hand will hold me fast." 


So even though I'm thousands of miles away the Lord is still right by my side. I love you all, thanks for checking in!

1 comment: