Sunday, July 24, 2011

Countdown to departure: 7 days, 12 hours

One week until I go leavin' on a jet plane for the continent of Africa, where I will be for 3 months! I really can't believe how the time has flown, it feels like just yesterday I heard direction from the Lord telling me to "go for it", take the internship in Antananarivo, Madagascar (a place, I'll admit, I'd never heard of before)! 


I'll be departing DFW airport bright and early, final destination Pretoria, South Africa! I also have been given the incredible opportunity to attend a missions conference called Love Africa (hosted by Operation Mobilization) in Kabwe, Zambia. 


I will be a Communications Intern with Operation Mobilization this coming semester in Antananarivo (Tana) and could not feel more blessed and excited. God has provided for me every single step of the way in preparing for my journey, and I trust Him completely to provide for me every single day while I am gone. I have doubted myself and my capabilities, and every time He has reassured me that He is God, He is sovereign, He is trustworthy, and He has equipped me -- not to mention He loves to use weak vessels, like myself, to show His glory! I pray that is exactly what happens, that Jesus is glorified in my every conversation in Africa. 


Well, I'm definitely not a seasoned blogger, considering this is my first ever attempt -- so forgive me if I ramble :] For those of you who would like to keep up with me while I'm overseas I will try and post with some regularity, hopefully my internet access will allow that. Please be in prayer for me this week before my trip and especially while I'm traveling. Thanks for checking out my blog! I'll leave you with a passage that's been on my heart recently, Isaiah 60:1-3 :: 


1Arise, shine, for your light has come,
   and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you.
2For behold, darkness shall cover the earth,
   and thick darkness the peoples;
but the LORD will arise upon you,
   and his glory will be seen upon you.
3And nations shall come to your light,
   and kings to the brightness of your rising

No comments:

Post a Comment